Cleaning and Maintenance of Outdoor Textiles:
Applies to all canvas outdoor textiles, and/ including the clear PVC window sections of outdoor canvas blinds:
For Light Dust:
- Brush down with soft bristle and rinse with water. Allow time to dry.
- (Low pressure sprayer hose attachments may be used here – no high pressure sprayers)
For Heavy Dust:
- Hose down twice, 5 minutes apart, loosening stubborn dust with soft bristle brush after first hose-down.
- Rinse well and allow time to dry. (Low-pressure hose attachments are handy here – avoid high-pressure sprayers).
- Suggest do twice a year, at the beginning and end of Summer (for RSA, or before and after rainy seasons elsewhere):
- Hose down and apply standard solution of neutral & biodegradable detergent to luke-warm water, and deliver
- To canvas by means of low pressure sprayers with soap dispensers or simply splash onto surface of canvas,
- And allow soaking in for a few minutes. Rinse off soapy solution well with cold water before allowing time to dry.
- Apply strong solution of biodegradable, neutral detergent and luke-warm water directly to area, let soap soak in
- Before working in well with circular motions, using moist sponge or soft bristle brush
- Until stain is lifted, rinse well and allow time to dry.
DO & DON’Ts:
DON’T: NO FLAMMABLES, ABRASIVES OR CORROSIVES.
DO: Be gentle in handling – They will last longer.
NO 1 GOLDEN RULE: Where applicable, such as in roller or drop blinds, all outdoor canvasses must be stored away bone dry
- When not in use. The metals left behind by evaporated rainwater cause the canvas to become brittle during
- The oxidation processes after the rolled up moist canvas finally dries out.